Friday, October 16, 2009

A Retirement Party

The day has come that I have mixed feeling about, the time to say good bye but not wanting to. I am stepping down from my position at Little Productions, see yesterday's post. I have been blogging for two years and I treasure each and everyone of you that I got to know while on this journey. I have made many friends and have some friends that are like family, the family friends are the heart of the CCSI series. So it is only fitting that a small gathering was held in the executive boardroom for one last time together. Won't you please join us in my farewell.


l-r: Olive, Gracie, Ruis, myself, photo of dear sweet Roscoe, Opus, Momo, Karl, & Asta

Here we all are at the festivities, bottoms up toasting to my retirement. Oh what fun memories that we all share from our many adventures. What one of us couldn't think up to do the other one could.




After the party we all gathered outside the studio lot where my moving van was packed and waiting. I took this time to present Opus with the key to the studio lot. He will now be Executive Producer and I assured Asta, Karl, Ruis, Momo, & Olive that they would all be in good paws. Gracie looked on as we said our good byes, no I take that back we said until we meet again. We will meet again someday, I know for sure, as I will meet all of you again wether it be here in the blogging world or at the bridge. We will once again all play and have adventures.




Photo by Sassy & Karl

When I left Opus, having the weight and future of the CCSI shows on him, took a walk through the studios and reflected on some of the fun things that we had shared. On the sound stage he felt his brother, Roscoe, presence and feeling the closeness of his brother knew that this was a task he would not take lightly but would take it on. He would continue to oversee the production and make sure that the highest of standards would always be part of each production. The future shows will be seen at: http://littleproductions-ccsi.blogspot.com/



I would like to present to you at this time the first look at the 2009-2010 season of the executives of Little Production, producers of the award winning CCSI: Cat/Canine Crime Scent Investigators.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for two years of your friendships. My final post will be on Monday.



Photo by Karl

ps: I just found out recently, like now, that the gang is taking me to Paris for my retirement celebration. I had told them I wanted to keep things simple but if I had thought about it I should have remembered that none of us know what that word means. Head over to the CCSI blog, the link is above, over the next five days to see what we will be up to. Oh, my final post will not be on Monday.

Thanks you guys love you bunches and bunches

27 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh Sassy, we don't know what to say. CCSI will not be the same without you.

Arrivederci...........until we meet again. ~Socks, Scylla, Charybdis & Fenris

Samantha & Mom said...

Sassy we will miss you dearly!! We so loved all the CCSI and your adventures!! Till we meet again! You will always be in our thoughts and purrayers!
Your TX furiend,
Samantha

The Meezers or Billy said...

::rasies glass:: We will miss you Sassy. With tears in our eyes we say

Until we meet again............

ZOOLATRY said...

We think Sassy is off on one more, and perhaps her greatest adventure.
She will be missed by all ~ as will your many talents and creativity shared over past years with all of us.

Yet, new things are on the horizon. So... all is not lost, all is not sad.

A time for farewells, but also a time for welcoming the new.

The Island Cats said...

Sassy, we hate to see you go...we loved the CCSI and all your adventures. We'll miss you.

Purrssss....

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

CCSI said...

SURPRISE!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Sassy, you and Roscoe will always be with us, since we will never forget either of you! We have enjoyed your adventures and the CCSI capers.

We love the surprise!

The Creek Cats said...

We will miss you dearly. We have very much enjoyed you in the CCSI adventures. We wish you well, Sassy.
XOXO

Gemini and Ichiro said...

CCSI will not be the same without. We will miss you--Until We meet again!

Cat Naps in Italy said...

I will never forget the day you told Roscoe and I about this crazy idea to have a show involving all the animals of the Cat Blogosphere. You came up with idea to have a show and asked the animals of the blog world to send in their ideas for the show. I remember saying that it wouldn't work because not enough cats and dogs would want to get involved. Boy was I wrong!
Roscoe had the idea to have a crime show and he came up with the idea for CCSI. We were so surprised when our show idea won at the voting poles and CCSI was born.
Roscoe and I wrote that first show together while you, Sassy, directed it and helped us film. Haven't we grown since that firs show done at home with the just three of us to our own studio and a wonderful executive staff. Those staff members, Ruis, Karl, Momo, Roscoe and Karl, are the dearest friend a cat could ever ask for.
It will be sad to say good bye to you and so won't. I will simply say, until we meet again old friend. I love you and I always will.....

Sir Opus Felini

Cat Naps in Italy said...

Dear Miss Sassy,
It makes me so sad all of this. Our human has tried hard to not have tears, but it is no use. It is never easy saying good bye. I am sorry that I didn't get to know you very well. I have only been around since spring, but this summer was a slow one for blogging in our home. I did have a wonderful time with you at Opus's birthday party and wish there would have time for more. But before we say good bye, let us have one last adventure (see the CCSI blog).

And if by chance you have gone to the rainbow, I know that Roscoe will be there waiting to take good care of you. If you are not there, please stop by MOTH's once in a while, just to let us know you are safe.

Much love,
Ollie

Beau said...

This is soooo furry sad. I will miss you dearly, my friend. =sniff=

Daisy said...

I will never forget all of the wonderful times we had together, Sassy. You will always be in my heart.

Milo and Alfie said...

Sassy, we wish yoo love and luck for yoor future journey ~ wherever it may be. We didn't really know but think we would have loved yoo lots. Take care. And enjoy Paris.

We hope to meet yoo some day ... so until then .... (raises glass) cheers!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

You will be sorely missed. I wish you well in whatever you will be doing in the future.. Take care.. Hugs GJ xx

Ikaika said...

Sassy, we have enjoyed your many adventures and we will miss you. We send many protective purrs to you for the great adventure you are on right now and hope one day you will return to tell us all about it.

'Kaika and the Yosemite cats

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

There are times when a cat feels compelled to strike off and retire from one place to find a new one. Our own Tinkerbelle decided to do that almost exactly 10 years ago. We KNOW she simply found a new place that suited her better. Or sometimes the Wanderlust just hits...

In the words of JRR Tolkien:

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."

Enjoy your new places in retirement Sassy, and perhaps we will hear from you after your adventures...

LC, Ayla, and Iza

CCSI said...

My Dawling sissie Sassy
I will NOT say goodbye..no way..you awe my sissie and I wWILL see you again
I love you twooly
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Karen Jo said...

I will miss your sure hand at the helm of the CCSI productions, Sassy. I hope you are having a great time, wherever you are.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dearest sweet Sassy, I wish I would have gotten to know you better. My sisters and I will remember you forever. Thanks for bringing such joy to the Cat Blogosphere!

Mr. Hendrix said...

oh Sassy, you will be very missed. we know we will meet again someday and will have many more adventures together.

you're probably off mooching like your mommy said, maybe with a handsome Mancat by your side.

you will leave a big Sassy shaped hole on the blogosphere and on the CCSI adventures. purrrrrrrrs

Just Ducky said...

Farewell Sassy, from another SassyCat.

TwoSpecialWires said...

Well. We are late arriving. But we are here. And we want to say that we don't say "goodbye" in our family, either. It's always "We love you" and/or "See you later" and/or "Until next time." So we understand. We'll see you, sometime, Sassy. And we'll be happy to meet ou when we do. In a short amount of time, we've learned how very special you have been (and are, to whomever you are now with) to the world of furries and fuzzies and the people who care about them.

Love
Jake and Fergi xxoo

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I am so sad that you are retiring but let's go for our one last adventure!!!

Joe Stains said...

Oh no retiring?! Asta told us to come on over and help to celebrate your retirement!!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Goodbye, Sassy -- enjoy your retirement, you have earned it!

The Black and Tans. said...

Enjoy your retirement Sassy, you have well and truly earnt it.

Molly, Taffy and Monty

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks