Sunday, February 10, 2008

Carnival In Venice


Venice anyone?
l-r: Karl, Ruis, Momo, Asta, Charlie, & Emil
Sitting: Sassy
Photo by Karl

On the way back traveling home in Opus and Roscoe's time machine a few day ago, we relived the Colts 2007 Super Bowl win, we thought it might be fun to take a side trip to Venice to be there for Carnival 2008.


Designed by Opus & Roscoe


Taking in the full beauty of Carnival from a balcony overlooking St. Marco Square.
l-r: Roscoe, Opus & Sassy


Sissy Asta watching the gondola drivers carry their passengers through the canals of Venice.
Photo by Asta



Mrs. Oz waiting for the gondola to reach the other side of the canal.
Photo by Karl


A grand time on the Grand Canal as master gondolier Sissy Momo, farries Ruis, Karl & Sassy through magnificant Venice.
Photo by Karl, edited by Momo


My Sissy Momo and little bro Pinot having their photo taken by the tourists.
Photo by Momo kitty


Percy and Sassy enjoying time together in Venice.

It was such an exciting adventure and found that when I arrived in Venice there were many of my friends waiting. To my surprise Karl, Mrs Oz, Emil, Ruis, Percy, Charlie, Socks, Scylla, Charybdis were in San Marco Square having their photos taken for the torurists. If that wasn't enough of a surprise my new siblings, Asta, Momo, Momo and Pinot were there too!


Charlie outstide St. Mark Cathedral in San Marco Square.
Photo by Charlie


Roscoe & Sassy waiting for Charlie.


Opus and Roscoe in line for the parade of the costumes.


Sissy Momo waiting to hear the judging results.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect, sunlight and modest temperatures, no need to worry about the cold. I hope we make this a yearly event and maybe next year more of our friends will be able to peruse this beautiful city during Carnival. This is such an experience you will remember it always.


Asta, hiding behind her mask watches the crowd in the square.
Photo by Asta

With all of the beautiful costumes and masks it was hard to tell who was there. I hope I didn't walk by some cat or doggie and not notice you, pardon me if I missed seeing you.

16 comments:

Asta said...

Sassy sissy
Youw pictoowes awe bootiful..some of mine awe tiny, and I didn't know how to make them biggew without getting all bluwwy..sheesh
Sassy I'm sowwy..I got confoosed with evewyone in masks..I'll go fix it hehe..I didn't even get a pictoowe of evewyone, I was having such a gweat time..I want to do it again next yeaw!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

It was wonderful to meet you. You looked lovely in your costume. Isn't dressing up fun?

Scylla & Charybdis

I am very glad we had a chance to hang out together in Venice. I want to get to know all MoMo's friends & family. ~Socks

The Cat Realm said...

Yes - it was sooooo much fun! Thank you for suggesting it, and I think we should go back next year as you said!
Wonderful picture collection!

Daisy said...

Those are some very, very beautiful and extravagant outfits you got to wear!

Jan Price said...

Hey, Sassy,

I'm showing the rest of the group the beautiful photos posted. They love them.

(s) Percy
Jan's Funny Farm

Sassy Kat said...

Sissy Asta-I am sending ya photos via e-mail that should help ya out. Yes, next year for sure! We will have more time to play and stay in the best hotels.

Scylla, Charybdis & Socks-Yes, we finally got to meet. That was such a fun advanture we all had and oh what fun we all had.

Karl-Yes, again next year. More time, more friends, and more fun.

Daisy-I knew you would like them. Hope ya can come along next year.

Jan-I am on my way to check things out. Thanks for lettin Percy come along. I hope we can go back next year and maybe more of your gang can come along.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Perhaps I should become Prime Minister of Italy instead.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I kittynapped Momo-dog and Pinot when their pawrents were too busy to notice. They were bored with the snow storms in Canada and were happy to enjoy some time with us in Venice. They were back before their pawrents noticed that they were missing.

You look great in your costumes, as usual. This is great fun and we should make in a yearly event.

Hope your mom is better.

Jan Price said...

No, no, no! We need Chey as President here, not in Venice. No matter how pretty it is there.

I enjoyed going to the ball with you, Sassy. I've been inviting those who didn't get to go this year to go next year. Maybe we can run the carnival there next year? There should be enough of us. And if we planned the ball, there would be lots of nip with bigger piles of fish and ham and all the goodies cats and woofies like.

Percy,
Jans Funny Farm

Sassy Kat said...

Sissy Momo-Yes, a lot of our friends have requested Carnival in Venice next year. I have it penciled in already. Glad ya brought sissy Momo and little P along. All of the costumes were pretty.

Percy-Put in on the calendar for next, Venice it is in time for carnival. Let me know if ya are running for president. That looks a lot better than the choices that have in the news.

Jan Price said...

No, Sassy, I'm not running for President. Cheysuli is. He and Gemini left a message for you today. He said it looks like we had so much fun he might run for Prime Minister of Italy instead. But we need him for President here.

jans funny farm

Islay said...

What a wonderful time, Sassy! What great fun. Hope you're staying warm up north there. (now we might all have to go dig out one-eyed Jack; has anyone heard from him?)

lickies & love,
-Charlie

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Those are some PAWSOME outfits that you all are wearin' in Venice! Excellent!
DMM

Asta said...

Sassy
I looked and looked but I can't find Opus and Roscoe..I suwe hope they didn't fall ito a canal..btw..did you notice that Venice is a vewy cat loving city!!!They weally tweasuwe cats, as they should..but I got a few diwty looks, hehe
smoochie kisses
Asta

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Fabulous photos! It looks like you all had a wonderful time in Venice!

Cat Naps in Italy said...

That was sooooo much fun! We are so happy that all of our friends came to Italy! What a great idea you had to go to the Venice carnival. Thanks so much for inviting us! We can't wait to do it again!

Love,
Opus and Roscoe

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks